The Hedgerow Hub works to conserve and protect existing hedgerows and field boundaries, important landscape and biodiversity features, and to re-establish hedgerows along boundaries. The project has maintained 10km of hedgerow by planting, fencing and hedgelaying.
Working with Gower landowners and volunteers and funded by a range of partners, we have:
- Delivered 9 training sessions for volunteers and landowners
- Run 12 hedge maintenance sessions
- Maintained 9675m of hedgerow by planting/fencing and hedgelaying
- Completed the GIS digitisation of all field boundaries on Gower
- Completed a full survey of Gower to establish the location and extent of important historic field systems and boundaries on Gower
- Surveyed 500m of hedgerow (species)