Published Documents and Reports
- Housing in AONBs - a position statement
- NAAONB response -Proposed reforms to permitted development rights to support the deployment of 5G and extend mobile coverage consultation
- Sustainable Farming and our Land - Ffermio Cynaliadwy a'n Tir- a consultation response by the NAAONB on behalf of the Welsh AONBs
- Housing in AONBs Report
- So much more than the view with National Parks England
– highlights the wide range of benefits that AONBs and National Parks provide to society
- AONB INFOGRAPHIC (England)
- AONB INFOGRAPHIC (Wales)
- Future Landscapes Wales with Welsh Government
- Living Landscapes with Verband Deutscher Naturparke
- European Regional Nature Parks Declaration
- AONBs and Development by the National Trust
- AONB Newsletters – download past newsletters (PDF) and subscribe to our e-newsletter.
- Press Releases – download Press Releases.
- Official Papers – download Consultation Responses and Position Statements etc.
- Biodiversity 2020. Delivering Outcome 1C by England's AONB Partnerships. Executive Summary - March 2019
- Biodiversity 2020. Delivering Outcome 1C by England's AONB Partnerships. Final Report - March 2019
- AONBs Role on Housing and Transport in Their Areas – 2018
– AONBs Role on Housing and Transportation in their areas
- Farming for the Nation – AONBs as test beds for a new Environmental Land Management Scheme – 2018
– the AONB family offer to Defra.
- Maximising Revenues for Protected Landscapes Headline Findings from Consultation – 2014
– headline financial paper from SQW.
- We are where we are (but is that where we want to be) – 2014
– a commentary on the current funding arrangements for the core funding of Protected Landscapes in England to help inform the “Maximising Revenues for Protected Landscapes” work that is being funded by the Government’s Contestable Policy Fund.
- Economic Contribution of Protected Landscapes – 2014
– a report produced by Cumulus Consultants Ltd, in association with ICF GHK for Defra, March 2014
- Social Forestry Pilot Project Report – Oct 2013
– this Report argues that woodlands are good for people, good for nature and good for the green economy.
- Value of AONBs Report – 2013
– an independent assessment of the value of AONB Partnerships and Conservation Boards researched by Land use Consultants, July 2013
- NAAONB Non-exchequer Funding Research Lessons from National Structures – 2012
– research document exploring the options for AONB Partnerships and Conservation Boards to diversify their income by securing funding from non-exchequer sources.
- NAAONB – Non-exchequer Funding Research – Executive Summary – 2012
– executive summary of the above document.
- NAAONB Submission in support of Defra input to the Rural Economy Growth Review – 2011
- CCP 532 – Countryside Commission – 1998
– protecting our finest countryside – advice to Government – Countryside Commission, 1998
Photo credit: Shropshire Hills AONB Partnership