The Future Landscapes Project
Sustainability and Governance Review
The review has brought to light many opportunities for self-reflection and innovation for our organisation. Trustees of the NAAONB have agreed at the last Board Meeting in March to develop a new Strategic Plan as well as designing a process for the recruitment of new Trustees. They are now working through these tasks.
Taking the Lead
Topic Working Groups have delivered valuable, tangible outputs to support the work of AONBs nationally:
- a successful communications campaign for the AONBs' 'National Moment' and the commissioning of a poem by Simon Armitage, Poet Laureate;
- an in-depth survey of the AONB Management Plan Review process followed by ambitious recommendations for improvement;
- a powerful Income & Funding Toolkit, for all AONBs to take inspiration and learn from each other;
- a critically important Advocacy Model, which can serve as basis for advocacy on any topic, in a collaborative manner;
- a most-welcome Induction Pack for all new staff working in AONBs across the country, as well as a series of case studies on successful staff development activities, to share learning and expeirence;
- an innovative research into evidence needs for the AONBs and how best to address them.
These outputs will be made available on this website soon!
Taking the Lead participants have also formed strong bonds and have understoood the value of collaboration for the landscapes they are managing.
At their last national meeting in February 2020, Lead Officers have pledged financial contributions to support the National Association in continuing to coordinate ambitious collaborative activities across the network of AONBs. More news on this soon!
Click here for the Future Landscapes Evaluation Report
Click here for the Future Landscapes Final Report